Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Trail Gear - Camelbak Hydration Bladder

Snow isn't uncommon in northern New Jersey, so when I awoke this morning the ground was covered (and so was my car :( ). I looked out into the open woods behind my house and wished that I was out there hiking today. Although I don't have all the nessecary gear, I thought about my new hydration bladder that I purchased yesterday. I am SO excited to use it. Its insulated, so it will prevent freezing on winter hikes, which I am sure is a huge plus when your hiking all day in the cold and don't want your water source to turn into an icicle.

The pros of this bladder are:

- insulated, prevents freezing and also keeps liquids cold
- can go inside any pack
- holds 100 ozs
- bite valve cover
- D-ring for attachment to the outside of a pack

The only cons:

- Can not remove the actual bladder from the black insulated pouch. This was dissapointing to me since I probably would have preferred that for when I need to decrease weight in my pack
- will weigh up to 8lbs once filled, which can be a bummer if you are trying to limit your pack weight

Overall I think this will be a great product for me and I can't wait to use it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment